Join us for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look into the daily lives of the Tally-Ho horses!
Learn about caring for working draft horses, experience hands-on time with them, and enjoy a private carriage tour!
NEW for 2021 only! Limited availability, starting May 29, 2021
Spend the afternoon at Hidden Acres Farm, where you will meet the horses and hear their stories! Learn about their specialized training program and the fascinating world of working draft horses. Enjoy demonstrations of Tally-Ho’s training methods. Participate in grooming and harnessing a horse. Conclude the day with a relaxing carriage tour of the beautiful farming community of Central Saanich.
- No horse experience required! We will teach you the basics of safety and handling.
- Limited to 4 participants per group. A maximum of two groups will be on the farm at a time.
- Must be 8 years old or older; parents must maintain supervision at all times. (We do not recommend this experience for children under 8 years old due to the length of the tour, the learning components, and the close proximity to large, live animals.)
- Participants must wear closed-toed shoes; otherwise will not be permitted to be near horses.
- All participants must complete a waiver (will be provided after a reservation is made).
- Those with allergies to horses, hay, cats or dogs may participate at their own discretion.
- This is an outside activity and participants should dress accordingly for the weather (hat, sunscreen, rain jacket [no umbrellas please]).
- No pets allowed.
- Washroom on site.
COVID Safety Plan
- This experience is designed for guests to enjoy with people who are already in their small, consistent social bubble.
- Participants are required to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing practices at all times.
- Touch-points on the farm will be minimized and tools/equipment will not be shared.
- The carriage will be sanitized for each group and is equipped with a plexiglass shield between the guests and driver.
- Please read the Tally-Ho Carriage Tours COVID-19 Safety Plan and abide by the rules within.