Celebrate the holidays with an old-fashioned, horse-drawn Christmas light tour in the charming, rural village of Saanichton!
2021 tours are now completed
Meet your beautiful carriage horse and his driver, and snuggle into comfort with your closest friends and/or family in one of Tally-Ho’s traditional vis-a-vis carriages.
Your Tally-Ho carriage will be decorated for the holiday season and our beautiful draft horses will be wearing their melodic sleigh bells. Your horse and coachman/woman will keenly await your arrival, and you will have a couple of minutes to meet each other, take photos, etc. Please ensure to give the horses much love and affection (they are expecting nothing less)!
Your private, single horse-drawn carriage will start at Fresh Cup Café, where you will receive a complimentary organic, freshly-roasted, award-winning coffee, Mighty Leaf tea, or delicious hot chocolate to enjoy on this unique Christmas journey.
PLUS, guests will be offered a 10% in-store discount on Fresh Cup’s award-winning coffee beans, freshly roasted hazelnuts, and other unique paraphernalia, stocking stuffers and gifts.
As you roll out in your carriage, prepare to enjoy some of the BEST light displays in Victoria! Your route is a hidden gem of beautifully decorated house that bring holiday magic to us all!
Sit back and relax to the sound of sleigh bells and the soft footfalls of your horse, while we take you back in time through the quaint residential streets of Saanichton.
OR, with your favorite holiday music playing in the background, guests are encouraged to warm up their vocal cords and delight residents with their own renditions of their favorite holiday songs!
- Departure point: Fresh Cup Cafe & Roastery (101-1931 Mt. Newton X Rd, Saanichton, BC). Please arrive 15 minutes before departure to receive a delicious, complimentary coffee, tea or hot chocolate to take with you. Departures must leave on time.
- Your private carriage is just for you and up to 5 of your closest friends and family (we recommend up to 4 adults for maximum comfort).
- Experience is designed for participants of all ages!
- Guests are encouraged to dress warmly as this is an outdoor activity.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own blanket (we cannot supply due to COVID).
- Each carriage is equipped with a convertible roof that will provide guests additional comfort in wet weather.
- Free parking and washroom on site.
- If you enjoy the tour, a gratuity for your coach-woman (driver) is appreciated.