Rollin’ in Romance
Your Valentine’s Day experience starts with a private, romantic horse-drawn carriage ride through the beautiful neighborhood of James Bay. Choose from a 30-, 45-, or 60-minute carriage ride where you and your special someone can relax to the melodic sound of the horses’ hooves, snuggle up, and simply appreciate a slower pace together.
- Your private carriage is just for you and your sweetheart, plus up to two additional friends.
- Your horse and coachman/woman will keenly await your arrival, and you will have a couple of minutes to meet each other, take photos, etc. Please ensure to give the horses much love and affection (they are expecting nothing less as they celebrate Valentine’s Day with you)!
- Your professional guide will allow you to sit back and enjoy each other’s company, but is also well versed in Victoria’s rich underbelly of history and folklore if you prefer a tour.
- Enjoy meeting one of our beautiful, world-renowned Tally-Ho draft horses! Warning: they are quite easy to fall in love with (as your #2 of course!).
Included in your romantically fun excursion is an assortment of delicious local artisan creations!
- Temperance Eden reminds us of life’s innocent pleasures, like sipping pure, non-alcoholic, apple juice crafted from crisp British Columbian apples. An aromatic bubbly for allages, Temperance Eden reminds us to find balance by taking the time to enjoy life’s simple delights. A portion of proceeds support wellness programs in Canada that nurture physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
- Experience RockCoast Confection’s mouth-watering, highly addictive, gluten-free shortbread cookie with ruby red all-natural chocolate and raspberries! Two of these world’s best shortbread cookies (in our humble opinion!) are included in the Picnic Box (there’s no need to share… cause you won’t want to!).
- To round out your picnic, enjoy fresh, juicy strawberries hand-dipped in sumptuous dark chocolate and finished with a white chocolate drizzle. Four of these delectable strawberries are included – feed yourself, or feed each other!
Picnic boxes are designed for two people. One box is included in each tour. Additional boxes may be purchased at Check-Out.
Pricing (excluding tax)
30 minute carriage tour and picnic $145
45 minute carriage tour and picnic $195
60 minute carriage tour and picnic $245
- Please dress accordingly for your outdoor carriage tour. Guests are welcome to bring their own blanket.
- Carriages are equipped with retractable roofs in case of inclement weather.
- Gratuity for your carriage driver is appreciated if you enjoy your tour (not included in price of experience).
- Guests are required to wear a mask during the check in process. Masks may be removed only while seated in the horse-drawn carriage.