Experience the country charm of this fun, unique tour!
Join us on a delightful multi-sensory tour of the beautiful farming community of Saanichton, where you will enjoy an open-air horse-drawn carriage ride, freshly roasted artisan coffee, award-winning locally crafted cider, and a freshly prepared gourmet picnic.
Tours offered at either 12:00 pm or 1:45 pm on Sundays – April 25 to September 26, 2021
Begin your adventure with a private horse-drawn carriage tour with the iconic Tally-Ho Carriage Tours, celebrating 118 years of service in Victoria.
This quintessential country carriage ride will highlight the peaceful, rural farming community of Central Saanich. Your beautiful horse and private tour guide will delight you with history of the area while you pass rolling fields and ocean vistas.
Fresh Cup uses farmer-direct, single-origin, organic beans; and their patented in-house environmentally sustainable roasting process ensures consistent quality with the freshest, tastiest beans and cupped coffee possible.
Arrive by carriage at Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, producer of award-winning, traditionally brewed ciders using organically farmed heritage apples. You will be shown to your picnic table, where you will enjoy spectacular views of the orchard and Pacific Ocean while tasting a flight of six pre-selected ciders (2 oz servings of each). Take advantage of your 20% insider discount on Sea Cider products to enjoy at home!
To accompany your cider tasting, savor a gourmet picnic provided by Truffles Catering, who have been providing delicious food, artful presentation and exceptional service on Vancouver Island for nearly 30 years! Picnics are prepared fresh each day, with the set menu choices including a variety of locally sourced ingredients, skillfully crafted into delectable sweet and savory delights. (Photo is the Regular picnic.)
For the final leg of your experience sit back and relax as your horse-drawn carriage rolls through the pastoral fields of Longview Farm, the largest certified organic farm on Vancouver Island, with stunning ocean views in the background.
- Each carriage seats 2 to 5 passengers (4 for optimal comfort).
- Carriages are equipped with retractable roofs in case of inclement weather.
- Experience is designed for participants who are 19 years old or over; however children can be accommodated with non-alcoholic beverages.
- Picnic menu: Truffles Catering has prepared three choices to accommodate a variety of food allergies and/or preferences. Please choose a picnic box for each guest at check out (each box serves one guest). If there are food allergies please note these in the Comments section. Menus may be subject to change based upon seasonality and availability of ingredients.
- Regular: Rossdown Farms chicken & bacon jam pinwheels, cucumber-brie tea sandwiches, smoked salmon mini bagel, fresh vegetables with artichoke dip, Sun Wing heirloom tomato galettes, cranberry-marzipan scone with Devonshire cream and local honey, decorated Parisienne macarons, decadent tiny cupcake.
- Vegetarian: Sun dried tomato-basil pinwheels, roast pepper and goat cheese tea sandwiches, cucumber-cream cheese mini bagel, fresh vegetables with artichoke dip, Sun Wing heirloom tomato galettes, cranberry-marzipan scone with Devonshire cream and local honey, decorated Parisienne macarons, decadent tiny cupcake.
- Gluten Free/Vegan: Falafel, balsamic glazed chargrilled vegetables, antipasti, house pickles and braised olives, Sun Wing tomato-coriander salad, root chips, coconut crusted nut butter orb, and aquafaba meringue pavlova.
*Regular and Vegetarian picnics are not available gluten or dairy free
COVID Safety Plan
- This tour is designed for guests to enjoy with people who are already in their small, consistent social bubble.
- Carriages will be sanitized prior to each departure and are equipped with a plexiglass shield between the guests and driver.
- Physical distancing practices will be required at all locations.
- Guests are required to wear a mask at all times, except when seated in the carriage or while eating/drinking at Sea Cider.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own blanket to aid in their comfort.
- For further details, please read the following COVID-19 Safety Plans: